Monday, March 22, 2010

snowy spring

So, the first day of spring came and went... and it was definitely not unnoticed.

Snow! After three exhilarating days of 60+ degree weather... Light breeze, sunshine, and virtually no clouds in the sky. I enjoyed teaching my eldest daughter how to throw a ball properly. And she was enjoying it as well. I remember being her age and starting to play softball for the first time. I fell in love with the game and played for almost 20 years.

So... The first day of spring came. I arose from my slumber, ready to greet my newly-returned companion, the sunshine. With an air of excitement and anticipation for the first true day of Spring, I opened my bedroom door and looked across the expanse of stairs to the window, and straight out into what appeared to be Narnia, circa The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Jadis had come in the night and turned it all back to winter. To freezing slumber. To bitter cold. The White Witch had done her deed and this little Narnian was not happy.

Well, it is two days since that fateful day, and the snow is all gone. The sun is once again shining on the grass and earth, greening the grass, warming the shoots that had sprung before Jadis came and went. So we are almost back to where we were three days before Spring, and I can't help but think of the emotional winters we all go through... and the little patches that resurface even into the better times.

Today has been one of those transitional days for me. It started with highest and best intentions, and has slowly morphed into a cold and dreary place... For the moment. I have every intention of walking through this funk and onward, into the warmth, before this day is out. So I turn my thoughts toward Aslan, and think about what I need to do. Call on Him. Ask for help. It is never, truly our battle to begin with. How arrogant of me to think that it is my place to fight this. Talk about walking in humility. This girl has been fighting for independence for longer than she can remember, and that is without a doubt, the last thing our Father wants from us.

So I will walk through the fields and trees, searching for Him, and when I search for Him, I will find Him. And the plans He has for me will melt away this winter. Melt away the bitter cold, and send Jadis and all her schemes packing. I am thankful I have such a gracious Father. Thankful to be a part of this eternal family. And thankful for new life, new discoveries, and ever thankful for moments like this, where I may ponder anew what the Almighty can do.

Jeremiah 29-11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be wise... no profanity or abusive language.